Built in 1935 by W J Yarwood & Sons of Northwich, SCULPTOR is a composite motor narrowboat with a Lister HA2 diesel engine, used by the Grand Union Canal Carrying Company for general cargo between the Midlands and London. During World War II she was commissioned by the Ministry of War Transport as a fire fighting facility, based on the Grand Union Canal at Greenford. By 1964 she was being used as a canal maintenance boat at Northwich. In 1985 she was withdrawn from the fleet and restored at the museum at Ellesmere Port and in 1986 she was moved to The Canal Museum at Stoke Bruerne.
Sculptor is an important exhibit on display outside the Canal Museum and is maintained by a team of Friends volunteers. In 2011/12 she was completely re-bottomed thanks to fundraising and volunteer work carried out by the Friends, a £1,000 grant from the Strategic Development Fund of National Historic Ships, work carried out by apprentices based at the Heritage Boatyard at Ellemere Port and donations received from Braunston Marina and raised at their Annual Historic Narrowboat Rally which is held at the end of June each year.